Dog Training FAQ
– Do you train with treats? Although, I prefer not to train with treats, however, I will train with treats depending on the dog, then we will wean the dog off treats then use positive praise.
– Do you work with all breeds? All breeds from smallest to the largest.
– What area do you cover? All of Northern NJ Including, Bergen, Hudson, , Essex, Union, Passaic, , Morris, Sussex, Warren, Hunterdon, Somerset Middlesex, Monmouth,, Hunterdon, Mercer, Southern Rockland County, NY.
– Do you train puppies? Yes, Puppy training is all about guiding puppies into good behavior choices.
– What are you credentials? As a certified member-trainer of Canine Trade Group, in addition to my own years of experience, growing up with show breed German Shepherds, Being an advocate for dogs in need within a few rescues.
– Why don’t you charge lesson by lesson instead of upfront? I wouldn’t say that. My training is commitment-based, which means instead of nickel and diming you for lesson after lesson after lesson (to continue indefinitely), I charge just one flat fee, and I commit to working with you until we reach our training goals, which we set during our consultation. If I’m in it for the long haul, that presses me to deliver results, and you avoid the trouble of having to hire trainer after trainer for the same old problems.
If you’re pricing dog training services, click here for a very thorough rundown on the cost of professional dog training.
– What if my dog only has one behavioral issue? I would caution you against that line of thinking. In order to create lasting behavior change, dog behavior needs to be addressed as a whole.
– My last dog trainer was condescending and unsuccessful, is that what I can expect from you? This is a quote from a recent client: “My husband has Parkinson’s disease and needed TLC when being instructed. Donna spoke so gently to my husband, not condescending like other trainers we have had. My husband soon became confident in his ability to carry out the commands he needed to give Bruno. With Donna’s patience and instruction, Bruno is doing phenomenal!!”
Another Quote from a client: “I have two Boston terriers. One who is ten the other twelve, my twelve year old is blind, deaf, and a tripawd! My dogs were very rabid when it came to other dogs. What she changed for us is our behavior, which still allows me to be a silly mom… And the dogs are now no longer the alphas!!”
– Are you a franchise? No, although I am the owner/trainer of Meadowlands Dog Training, I am led by John Van Olden, an extremely accomplished dog trainer with over 25-years of experience, Canine Trade Group is a small, exclusive network of professional dog trainers who are dedicated to providing the highest level of behavior training available.
The profession of dog training is extremely isolating. What makes Canine Trade Group unique, I am constantly networking with the my CTG members and mentors, for professionalism, ethic, and personal training results, so this is feedback that I can trust, because all of CTG members are held to highest standards of quality proven successful training protocol.